Cristiano Ronaldo has decided to end his boycott of Al Nassr games, sources have told ESPN Brasil.
The 41-year-old sat out two of the Saudi Pro League club’s matches — Friday’s 2-0 win over Al Ittihad as well as last week’s victory over Al Riyadh.
According to sources, the Portugal captain said he will return to play for the match against Al Fateh on Feb. 14.
Al Nassr also play this Wednesday at Arkadag in the Asian Champions League Two.
ESPN has reported that Ronaldo missed two matches because of his unhappiness with the PIF (Saudi Arabia’s Sovereign Investment Fund) and the fund’s help for his club in the transfer window.
Ronaldo saw his club’s rivals Al Hilal, who are also 75% owned by the PIF, sign Karim Benzema, his former Real Madrid teammate, from Al Ittihad during the January window.
According to reports, Ronaldo agreed to return to the pitch after seeing his main demands met by the PIF.
The star said he would return to action after the governing body paid Al Nassr’s overdue salaries and restored management autonomy to the club’s top executives.
With this, Simão Coutinho (sporting director) and José Semedo (CEO), who were suspended from their duties by the PIF, regain their power to act, sources said.
Ronaldo has played 22 games for the team so far this season, scoring 18 goals with three assists.
Al Nassr are currently second in the Saudi Pro League , just one point behind arch-rival Al Hilal.
The Saudi Pro League issued a statement last Thursday warning Ronaldo that no player could influence decisions beyond his own team.
“The Saudi Pro League is structured around a simple principle: Every club operates independently under the same rules,” the league said.
“Clubs have their own boards, their own executives and their own football leadership. Decisions on recruitment, spending and strategy sit with those clubs, within a financial framework designed to ensure sustainability and competitive balance. That framework applies equally across the league.”
News
Carlos Santana responds to viral claims he opposed Bad Bunny’s 2026 Super Bowl Halftime Show
Legendary guitarist Carlos Santana has shut down posts claiming he condemned Bad Bunny’s booking as next year’s Super Bowl Halftime Show act….
Joп Boп Jovi’s Best Vocal Performaпce Wiп Leaves the Grammys iп Tears- A Grammy Night No Oпe Saw Comiпg
Joп Boп Jovi’s Best Vocal Performaпce Wiп Leaves the Grammys iп Tears A Grammy Night No Oпe Saw Comiпg …
Star Wars and Life Of Brian actor, 87, left bulk of £720,000 fortune to sister, close friends and cats home
Star Wars actor Kenneth Colley left the bulk of his £720,000 estate to his sister, close friends and a cats home….
Billionaire Rihanna looks chic during grocery shopping run in L.A.
Rihanna might have a billionaire price tag attached to her name … but she’s still clocking in for regular-degular grocery runs…
Britney Spears I Sold a Piece of Me … and the Whole Damn Catalog!!!
Britney Spears just signed a massive new music deal … one that sells her rights to her extensive music catalog ……
Kid Rock says he wasn’t lip-syncing at Turning Point halftime show
While acknowledging that Sunday’s alternative halftime show was prerecorded, Kid Rock shot down rumors that he had lip-synced a song….
End of content
No more pages to load






