Julian Alvarez is experiencing the most difficult period since he officially signed for Atletico Madrid. The Argentine striker’s lack of goals under Diego Pablo Simeone has opened the debate in the Spanish capital, although it has not cooled the interest of a Barcelona side that still considers him the ideal player to replace Robert Lewandowski in the short term.
While in Madrid his goal drought is being analysed, in Barcelona the diagnosis is different: the former River Plate and Manchester City player fits perfectly into the profile of the modern striker that the club is looking for to lead its new attacking project.
Barcelona seesAlvarez as Lewandowski’s heir
Barcelona compares a possible arrival of Julian Alvarez with the signing of Luis Suarez almost a decade ago. The Blaugrana board would be willing to offer 80 million euros in the summer of 2026 for a striker who they see not only as a proven goalscorer, but also as a versatile footballer compatible with the club’s offensive philosophy.
The operation is gaining momentum given Lewandowski’s contractual situation, as he is out of contract at the end of this season and already has interest from MLS, which would accelerate the need for a guaranteed replacement.

Atletico Madrid consider Argentine striker untouchable
It is not the first time that Julian Alvarez has appeared on the radar of Europe’s big clubs. Just a few months ago, Manchester United and Liverpool were also linked with the striker, although from Atletico there has always been a clear message: he is the face of the sporting project and a player to be protected for the next decade.
Even in a complex economic scenario, the Rojiblancos consider the Argentine to be a strategic and indispensable asset for the future of the club.
Alvarez’s goal drought is reflected in the numbers
So far, Julian Alvarez has 11 goals and five assists in 27 games this season. He has not scored officially since December 9, when he scored in Atletico’s victory over PSV in the Champions League. In LaLiga, his last goal was back in November.
Despite this drop in performance and with the FIFA World Cup on the horizon, both in Madrid and Barcelona are confident that the Argentine will recover his best form in the short term.
Diego Pablo Simeone maintains his confidence in Julian Alvarez and is expected to start him again this Wednesday against Galatasaray in the Champions League.
“The goal will come. I’m not worried because he has the goal,” said the Argentine coach, convinced that his striker will once again be decisive. “He has to keep working with the stability he has at the club.”
News
Coach Snoop joins the coaching staff as the first honorary coach of the U.S. team.
This global icon brings his signature energy, humor, and heart to support U.S. Olympic and Paralympic athletes off the field….
SAD NEWS 10 minutes ago in Arizona, Annie Guthrie Guthrie was confirmed as…See more
Authorities Confirm New Development in Case Involving Annie Guthrie Officials in Arizona have confirmed a new development related to the…
Kid Rock claims Jay-Z is a “DEI hire” by the Super Bowl
Kid Rock has hit out at Jay-Z, who oversees the Super Bowl halftime show, by claiming he is a diversity hire….
Mohamad Salah on why Eminem’s music plays at Liverpool’s training center all the time
In a new interview, Liverpool’s Mohamed Salah explains why Eminem’s music is constantly playing at the gym. Conor Bradley…
FIFA Takes Action After Liverpool vs MaFIFA has now announced disciplinary action against the referee and the VAR officials
The football world woke up in shock. Not because of a goal. Not because of a transfer. Not because of…
Cristiano Ronaldo ends dispute with Al Nassr – sources
Cristiano Ronaldo has decided to end his boycott of Al Nassr games, sources have told ESPN Brasil. The 41-year-old sat out two of the Saudi…
End of content
No more pages to load






